Comp Environmental, Inc. (CE) is a resourceful, responsible, and responsive company that provides engineering and construction services as a General Contractor in the federal marketplace in electrical, mechanical, civil, and environmental divisions, niching in intelligent solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. With rigorous quality control and safety protocols in place, CE has been successfully performing both governmental and commercial contracts since 2006. Our success over the years is primarily due to our “can-do” attitude, family-like culture, and taking challenges as opportunities. CE offers its employees an excellent opportunity to grow and advance their professional careers. Our “outstanding work-life balance” made us the success we are today, and we welcome you to be a part of it.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full-time, minimum 32 hours per week position. Very occasionally work extra hours during evenings and weekends, as determined by the direct supervisor.
As a CE Superintendent, you will ultimately be responsible for ALL field operations for each project throughout the lifespan. The success of each project and the possibility of future projects with the same client and other clients greatly depend on your performance. In this role, you will plan, organize, direct, and control the building aspects of each project to meet budget, quality, Time, and safety objectives.
Directing the workflow consistent with the project schedule and communicating project priorities to field staff and subcontractors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Understanding and administering the CE safety program to include all subcontractors, ensuring that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assisting in safety inspections by outside agencies
- Maintaining a daily diary of all activities and site conditions and managing the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance
- Working with the project manager in formulating project schedule, ensuring that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, making and following through with schedule commitments, and maintaining CE quality standards
- Prepare and distribute the 2-week look ahead” and overall project schedule to relevant parties
- Maintaining good working relationships with all subcontractors on the project, developing relationships within the community that enhance business opportunities, and ensuring subcontractors are treated fairly
- Ensuring complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understanding subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifying problems early and acting immediately to provide solutions
- Developing and organizing the field team, arranging for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and placing long lead items that need to be expedited
- Traveling domestically for up to 25% of the work time under special occasions with paid travel arrangements (including flights, rental cars, or hotel rooms) and per diem.
You will need to have:
- A valid state-issued driver’s license with a dependable commute means. May require possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsements and without restrictions.
- A US legal permanent resident or US citizen to enter federal facilities. Passing criminal background check. May require a pre-employment physical examination upon special job needs or activities as heavy manual work, driving and working under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions.
- Advanced carpentry skills and tools with the ability to self‐perform drywall, carpentry, casework, painting, general clean-up, and other common commercial trades if needed.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and OSHA standards and willingness to take classes to further knowledge
- Strong critical thinking and problem‐solving abilities can effectively create solutions to difficult situations. A solid ability to review drawings and specifications for errors, vague information, or discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) in English. The ability to respond positively to direction and feedback from clients, designers, building officials, and managers. Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and diversity
- A knowledge of basic computer skills, familiarity with modern communication tools, and willingness to learn
- Minimum AA degree in construction or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The following competitive benefits package is offered with this position.:
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- An opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Performance Based Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Reimbursement of up to 60%
- Company vehicle with insurance or mileage reimbursement based on projects’ needs
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for up to 80 hours through 1-2 years, starting from 120 hours through 3-5 years
- Paid Holidays (six typical holidays and one float holiday)
For additional information regarding this position and CE, please feel free to contact our Principal, Ms. Caroline Wang(email@example.com), for more detailed information.