Comp Environmental, Inc. (CE) is a resourceful, responsible, and responsive company that provides engineering and construction services as a General Contractor in the federal marketplace in electrical, mechanical, civil, and environmental divisions, niching in intelligent solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. With rigorous quality control and safety protocols in place, CE has been successfully performing both governmental and commercial contracts since 2006. Our success over the years is primarily due to our “can-do” attitude, family-like culture, and taking challenges as opportunities. CE offers its employees an excellent opportunity to grow and advance their professional careers. Our “outstanding work-life balance” made us the success we are today, and we welcome you to be a part of it.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full-time position with a minimum of 32 hours per week. Very occasionally, I work extra hours during evenings and/or weekends, as determined by the direct supervisor.
As a CE foreman, this position oversees the work of up to two (2) groups of workers engaged in the construction, maintenance, repair, and/or installation of government or commercial facilities and does related work as required per the scope of work for each job.
The superintendent (another position) typically assigns work crews and foremen to work on projects, resolves questions about work methods, and inspects work. The employee in this position frequently exercises independent judgment and makes decisions within the scope of assignments. Assignments are received in oral or written form, and the work is subject to general review and inspection.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the materials, methods, and techniques used in street and road maintenance and construction projects, including traffic engineering projects;
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions for laboring work;
- Considerable knowledge of the maintenance requirements of basic hand tools and machinery;
- Ability to anticipate maintenance needs and to suggest effective work programs;
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, and supervise the work of others;
- Ability to prepare and keep records; ability to read blueprints and diagrams;
- Ability to understand and transmit oral and written instructions;
- Physical condition that permits such activities as heavy manual work, driving, and working under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions.
Traveling domestically for up to 25% of the work time under special occasions with paid travel arrangements (including flights, rental cars, or hotel rooms) and per diem.
You will need to have:
- A valid state-issued driver’s license with a dependable commute means. May require possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsements and without restrictions.
- A legal permanent resident in the US or a US citizen is required to enter federal facilities. Passing criminal background check. May require a pre-employment physical examination upon special job needs or activities such as heavy manual work, driving, and working under adverse temperatures and/or weather conditions.
- Advanced carpentry skills and tools with the ability to self‐perform drywall, carpentry, casework, painting, general clean-up, and other common commercial trades if needed.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and OSHA standards and willingness to take classes to further knowledge
- Strong critical thinking and problem‐solving abilities can effectively create solutions to difficult situations. A solid ability to review drawings and specifications for errors, vague information, or discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) in English. The ability to respond positively to direction and feedback from clients, designers, building officials, and managers. Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and diversity
- A knowledge of basic computer skills, familiarity with modern communication tools, and willingness to learn
- Minimum High School degree in construction or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The following competitive benefits package is offered with this position.:
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- An opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Performance Based Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Reimbursement of up to 60%
- Company vehicle with insurance or mileage reimbursement based on projects’ needs
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for up to 80 hours through 1-2 years, starting from 120 hours through 3-5 years
- Paid Holidays (six typical holidays and one float holiday)
For additional information regarding this position and CE, please feel free to contact our Principal, Ms. Caroline Wang(firstname.lastname@example.org), for more detailed information.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (for illustration only):
- Assigns, schedules, and supervises several crew members engaged in grading and graveling roads and in patching and maintaining hard-surfaced roads;
- Assigns, schedules, and supervises a crew of semi-skilled and skilled workers and equipment operators in the construction of new roads and streets, curbs, road culverts, retaining walls, and storm sewers;
- Directs concrete paving projects;
- Arrange for delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment;
- Answers complaints regarding road maintenance, road construction, and traffic engineering projects;
- Trains and instructs new employees;
- Drives a truck on a relief or intermittent basis;
- Performs related work as assigned.